Travelling is my favourite thing in the whole world. The idea of going somewhere new, experiencing things completely different to my norm gives me an indescribable joy. But that doesn’t mean I enjoy flying just as much. Yes, not all of us are as fortunate as some to occupy first class every time we step on an aircraft.So to ease the pain of the dreaded flight journey, I have listed some tips to make it as enjoyable as possible. Here we go….
- Be tired- Try to be sleep deprived before boarding your flight. There is nothing better than going into a deep (coma-style) snooze in-flight. Just imagine waking up and you have arrived, no need to do anything at all.
- Shoe-less- Wear shoes that are easy to get on and off. For many reasons including annoying airport security scanners; easiest when it takes seconds to slip your shoes on. Also, some people will attest to swelling feet in-flight, nothing is as painful as squeezing your swollen ballon feet in strappy tie-up sandals.
- Make-up Free- Other than looking absolutely disgusting when your make starts cracking on your face. Let your skin breathe on-flight their is limited oxygen anyway.
- Insulate: Better to be fully covered than naked. This is so true when in-flight and the plane feels like freezer. Always pack a shawl or sweater and a pair of socks.
- Hoard Food: bring as many snacks and even a meal if you can. Airplane food can be a hit or miss especially depending on your ticket class. Also, nothing better than pass time while snacking makes it so much more enjoyable.
- Entertainment: If you fly a lot that probably means you’ve seen all the “hot hollywood releases”. bring magazines, books and music. Tip if you are a music junkie download complete albums pre-flight so you can really take in the music undisturbed.
- Picky Seater: If you have the power or just the good fortune of being able to choose your seat avoid middle seats like the plague and aisles close to restrooms.